IFEA University Affiliation Programme
‘Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn’. As Benjamin Franklin said, there is no real improvement and no real learning without personal involvement. As an association promoting culture, knowledge and networking, IFEA would really much like to work with university for a direct and massive involvement of students in its meetings and activities.
We firmly believe that there is no more successful way to be taught than seeing and working first hand with the experts of the sector in an international environment.
For these reasons we have developed an affiliate programme for universities, hoping to create useful links between experts in the sector and students willing to learn and grow personally.
The Defined Benefits of this programme are many:
• You will gain status as University ‘Affiliate’ Membership in IFEA, showing that your University clearly understands the profession that you are teaching and that you maintain close ties to the global professional association representing that industry.
• The RIGHT to use the IFEA Europe LOGO on its courses, marketing as an Affiliate Member.
• IFEA Europe will work with your University to provide professional industry speakers to present to your students (with topic(s) to be determined) two times throughout your school calendar year. Speakers will be provided free of charge, but travel & accommodation expenses will need to be covered. As preferred, IFEA Europe can work with your institution to arrange for web/video based presentations to help minimize travel costs.
• Free registration to the IFEA Europe Annual Conference (peripheral tours and activities not included) for one (1) representative of your University.
• Member-Discounted Rates to all IFEA Europe and IFEA World conventions and program activities for your University staff and students.
• IFEA Europe will guarantee your University a minimum of four discounted Student places at
annual conference ( starting Feb 2014 Nice) IF we are under allocation, we will release more on a first come first served basis )
• IFEA Europe will guarantee your University a minimum of two discounted Student Placements at the Annual European Festival Management Summer Camp ( from September 2014)
• Your University Students enrolled in your relevant programmes enjoy Student Discount membership Rates – currently €25 per year.
• Your University Students can apply for Foundation Scholarships to attend the WORLD conference in Mid September in Kansas 2014
• Regular Member benefits including Ezine, website, facebook, blog linked in and industry/ sector updates.
All the above with a few defined costs:
• Once Off Regional Affiliation Fee of €1,200
• Annual Subscription of €495 payable every 12 months thereafter
Very convenient additional optional costs include
Annual Discounted Conference Student Rate (E.g. Nice €75 per student)
Annual Discounted Cost of Five Day Student Summer Camp €325
Faculty / Tutors in attendance at Member Discounted Rate
Behind the Scenes – to be advised
Speakers To Campus – Travel, Ground Transport & Accommodation & visiting lecturer hospitality.
********MANAGEMENT SUMMER SCHOOL 2012*******
WHAT LEVEL OF PARTICIPATION IS REQUIRED OF ME?
If selected, you should arrive prepared to briefly present a festival/event that you have researched, have worked at, or are otherwise familiar with. (Further specifications upon acceptance).
You should also read (a limited number of) research papers and other topic-relevant texts in advance. These will also be sent to you around three weeks before programme start.
During the summer school, you are expected to participate actively in group work and discussions that target the challenges of selected festivals and the industry at large.You will also be assigned to a student group that will be given a particular topic to focus on during the time in Tarrega, relating to the programming, marketing, and audience services of the Fira de Tarrega. Following the camp, the group must write a brief paper on the topic. Qualified paper swill ultimately be made available online to participants, academics, and other IFEA’s constituents
WILL I GET A CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION?
Yes, IFEA EUROPE will issue a Certificate of Participation with mentioning of the academic topics covered, and particular details of your individual research and presentations.
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS AND FEE
To be eligible for acceptance, you must be enrolled in a bachelor or masters programme at a participating university or equivalent educational institution. Your primary field of study should be Service Management, Event Management, Tourism, Cultural Management, or similar.
You must complete and submit the application form (below) prior to July 29st, 2013. Your application must be accompanied by a personal letter of motivation, a proof of your field of study, and a letter of recommendation from your school.
The selection committee will notify you of your acceptance no later than August 2013.
There is no application fee, but the participation fee, once accepted, is € 300. (This will include official bus transfers to and from camps and school, accommodation by camp site only) The fee must be paid in full by July 2013. The fee is subject to partial refund in case of later cancellation, as specified in the enrolment contract which will be forwarded upon acceptance.
To register your interest
Find, LIKE and PM us on Facebook